Shares of Dynavax Technologies Corporation (DVAX) stock happened to be green today on September 22, 2021. DVAX stock price saw a push of 6.33% to reach $15.80 a share at the time of this writing. The stock was gloomy in the previous trade and went down by 0.73% at closing. Let’s understand the reason behind this rally.
DVAX stock today announced that Clover Biopharmaceuticals released positive data of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate SCB-2019 adjuvanted with Dynavax’s CpG 1018 adjuvant. The trial achieved the primary and secondary endpoints in SPECTRA. The efficacy against severe COVID-19 and hospitalizations was 100% for SCB-2019 while 84% against moderate to severe COVID-19 due to the strain of SARS-CoV-2. The efficacy against the dominant delta variant of COVID-19 for SCB-2019 was 79%. For Gamma variant and Mu variant, the efficacy was 92% and 59%. Overall efficacy for this product candidate was 67% thus successfully met the primary endpoint of the trial.
3 Tiny Stocks Primed to Explode
The world's greatest investor — Warren Buffett — has a simple formula for making big money in the markets. He buys up valuable assets when they are very cheap. For stock market investors that means buying up cheap small cap stocks like these with huge upside potential.
We've set up an alert service to help smart investors take full advantage of the small cap stocks primed for big returns.
Click here for full details and to join for free.
DVAX stock provided an update on its COVID-19 Collaboration with Valneva:
On September 13, 2021, DVAX stock did announce that United Kingdom Government sent a termination notice to Valneva SE. The notice was in connection with Valneva’s supply agreement for the COVID-19 vaccine candidate, VLA2001. Valneva showed intention to continue the development of VLA2001. Valneva recently reported that it anticipates the availability of its Phase 3 results for VLA2001 in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Performance of DVAX stock in Q2,2021:
- In the second quarter of 2021, DVAX stock generated $52.8 million in revenue as compared to $2.7 million in the prior-year same quarter. This revenue also included net product revenue of $52.7 million.
- Cost of sales – product jumped from $1.0 million in Q2,2020 to $14.8 million in the second quarter of 2021. Increased sales volume of CpG 1018 and HEPLISAV-B resulted in this increase.
- DVAX stock spent $21.6 million in selling, general and administrative expenses, higher than $19.0 million in the prior year same quarter.
- Dynavax stock reported $9.2 million income from operations in the second quarter of 2021 as compared to the loss of $23.3 million in the same tenure of the previous year.
- By the end of the second quarter, DVAX had $345.8 million in cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities.
Though many COVID-19 vaccines have been rolled out but still COVID-19 is the major health concern due to its continuously changing variants. Various medical companies are working for the development of COVID-19 vaccines and investors are investing in them seeking potential gains in the future. Hence stocks involved in the fight against COVID-19 like Dynavax can generate maximum profits for investors.